Rutgers University, Fall 2011
Sections: 01 and 02
TA: Chetan Tonde
Department of Computer Science,
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey,
110, Frelinghuysen Road,
Piscataway, NJ - 08854-8019,
email: cjtonde [at] cs
Office hours: Tuesday 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm
Location: Hill 402
- Recitations begin from Sept 12th
- [09/12/2011] Topics covered: Logic - Truth Tables, De-Morgans laws, Laws of Logic, etc.
- [09/19/2011] Topics covered: Logic- A tautology A equ B , functional completeness, Truth Table - CNF/DNF.
- [09/26/2011] HW1 Returned, Topics covered: Predicate Logic- Quatifiers, Negation of Quantifiers, Rules of Inference, Three ways to prove a statement.
- [10/03/2011] Topics covered: Natural deduction rules of inference exercises
- [10/10/2011] Topics covered: Review of midterm
- [10/12/2011] NOTE: Midterm today Wednesday, October 12th, 2011. Note: Wednesday recitation moved to Monday 5:00 pm Hill 402.
- [10/17/2011] Topics covered: Exercises on proving.
- [10/31/2011] Topics covered: Mathematical Induction. We covered the first few examples from here. It has detailed examples with solutions.
- [11/07/2011] Topics covered: HW 4, and an interesting problem involving mod function.
- [11/14/2011] Topics covered: Sequences and their sums, an inequality using them.
You are the (N+1)th vistor where N is the number of visitors before you.
Broken HTML courtesy by web authoring tool PICO.
- [11/21/2011] Topics covered: link.
Note: There is no Wednesday recitation. Wednesday recitation will be held on Monday combined with
section 01. I will talk with the Prof. and send an announcement soon.